Sunday, September 06, 2015

Yesterday's Gauntlet: From A to Z and Back Again

This will probably be long. But there is a lot of ground to cover. So strap in and keep your hands inside the car at all times.

The relatives and others have been in town this weekend. Mostly for the aunts retirement celebration and people could come because it was a holiday weekend.

Myra, who works at my cigar shop decides to tell me about what happened with her and now ex fiancee. About how he got drunk and beat up on her and choked her. Which is serious considering he was a boxer and works out all the time. But I did have to look at her side ways when she said that they both stopped drinking last year because of how violent he gets when he drinks and she can't stop drinking. As I looked her in the face and told her you are grown woman and you can do what you choose, I had to shake my head in response to her still being with him after that and all the complaints she had that he doesn't do anything and his kid stealing her money and stuff. She is tall and pretty. And I love that she smokes cigars. But lawd, just say no to the insanity.

I have been watching the last season of Boston Legal and there were some emotional responses from the abortion and having children episode. I didn't realize it would set the tone later on for another discussion.

I was the black sheep walking into the retirement party friday. And the anamoly showing up at the activity center at the family church.

But things really went interesting sitting around with the cousins and one of my cousin's wife. We talked about relationships, communication and marriage. Specifically because the younger cousin is getting dragged through stupidity because of a money grubbing chick he had a baby with. He showed the videos of him with his son playing and teaching. it is a shame that he is being damaged and charges thrown at him when he is doing more with his son than people that live around their child all day long do.

So it was asked about the break down in communication. The cause and the reasoning. There are so many answers in that. Reality is that you can communicate as much as you can. But if your recipient doesn't want to communicate or can then you run into a dead end. I have been straight forward about my communication and have been shunned, they cringed and ran away because of that.

Then there was the talk about marriage. The oldest cousin and his wife were the only ones that are currently married. Me and the other cousin were married.

Marriage is important still to a few of us on the planet. It is a journey of united chaos. There are disagreements and fights but those things do not stop you from having a loving relationship together.

For me it is that vibe and connection that begins the desire and reason behind being with someone, letting them in and being vulnerable to them. It is the fact that I can see you as a woman and not just a female. That you can provide me the things that I need and we can be together to eternity.

As I told them I hate dating with a fervor. I miss being married. Which led to them asking me if I would get married again. The answer is yes. And I got that miracle vibe one more time. Shocking to me but simply true.

to be continued....


No comments: