Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Adventures at Davis and Son: The New Cheers

This is my cigar shop here. And I have been going there for probably at least 2 years by now. It is part of my therapy, networking and just entertainment package.

Now, there are some characters there. From the owner and his wife, to Myra the girl that works there and Monroe the older gentleman that works there. And there are customers that have been around for over 30 years. I interact with councilmen, jewelry store owners, truck drivers, walmart employees and those that cannot be explained at all. *lol*

For the younger folk, Cheers was a tv show about regulars at a neighborhood bar that use to come on. Yeah, I know I am old but I am damn good!

The cigar shop is like Cheers because there are plenty of regulars. And the owner tends to know everyone by name and or face. Plus what they smoke, or the tobacco they normally get when they come in. They have a bunch of other stuff in the store that sells well like the shaving stuff that I get there. Forge n Foundry is the best stuff there is! And I am saying that plug because it is true. Well, we sit in there smoke and talk about just about everything. From recipes, to politics to movies and more. It is an education and entertainment rolled up in one.

There are crazy people that come in there at times. Some crazy because we know they have documented mental issues and others that we don't. We still treat them all like they are acquaintances.

But last week a young looking guy came in and three of us were talking to him. He was looking for jobs and came in to get some tobacco for cigarettes. He argued with one of the other guys about politics and everything. The normal debate in there. So the guy he was talking to (we will call him the copy salesman) cracks a joke about the guy that has been missing for about 2 months now that use to come in the shop that claimed he was a colonel in the Vietnam war and got 12 purple hearts all this (obvious lies but oh well).  Copier salesman says they haven't found his body in the river yet. The rest of us knew it was a joke about the fake colonel though. Anyway. The young guy seemed to be off but that is life. He was also real jittery. And it wasn't from the half a pot of coffee that he drank while he was there. He said that he turned down a job because it wasn't him but he needed to work. Anyway he was crazy off and that was last week.

So fast forward to today.

I was going to go to the shop earlier today. For some reason I fell asleep. (damn sleep).

So I get there this afternoon and the guy that was debating with the crazy guy last week tells me he has a story to tell me. He then tells me that the crazy guy came back today and that he called the police using the cigar shops phone to say that he was in fear of his life and that the copier salesman had something to do with the fake colonel having disappeared. I am looking at him like you got to be lying to me. I had to sit down and puff on my 770 for the rest of the story. But he said he did it and the owner had to get on the phone and say that the guy must have been crazy. But the crazy guy said he was in fear for his life and his family because of the copier salesman. And of course the police show up but the crazy guy has left already.

I am still sitting here at the house glad that I wasn't there at all. Because that is some insane shit. I do try to avoid the craziness.

But this is a day in the life of Zeus a Life Unscripted.  What can I say?

No comments: