Tuesday, April 04, 2017

A Superwoman (Chocolate Doll) Poetry tribute

One Year Ago


One Year Ago

Not an anniversary but a birthday
No one else gets multiple birthdays but I did
A day of birth, no more like a rebirth
Days of faith renewed
It’s the day we met
It’s the day I realized I loved you
It’s the day we got married
(To be sure a date that went down in infamy)
Most importantly its
The day you and me became we
No longer just you
No longer just me

Clasped hands
A sign of Unity
Wedding bands touching
The symbol of infinity

Striding off into the sunset
Leaving behind pasts we’d just as soon forget
To adventures, always full of love and seldom with regret

Here is to many more years together
365 delightful days
8,760 happy hours
525,600 memorable minutes

As I tip my crown to you
As I stand by your side
As I look upon you with pride

I Love You Zeus

Happy Anniversary Husband


2009

~ASW~   ©

No comments: