Sunday, May 14, 2006

Grandma You Are Needed Here Badly

Sometimes I wonder why you had to go
Called Home
Selfishly I know
It still doesn't make it easy though

My last moments with you
Given my last comfort it seemed
The last link to my Idea of a close family ring

Never knew how you sat at the top
Held it all together string by string
Effortlessly it seemed

I remember standing there in the rain
Alone, in the midst of the throngs
Watching what was once you, lowered into that grave
I knew it was not meant for you to stay
That finally the earthly pain was taken away
Still it wasn't easy for me when you were taken away

Maybe things wouldn't be this chatoic way
The family would act like some sense today
If only had you been able to stay

Though I know you watch as an Angel above
Guiding us as best as you can
Knowing that we need you still desperately

You were supposed to be here when I had my first baby
To make you a Great Grandma
I never made it
I apologize to you today for it
Just wanted you to be happy and proud of your grandson

The tears that fall
Are because I miss you
You made me strong
Gave me life's lessons and history in ways that could never be taught any other way.

I love you Grandma
Today and forever. Everyday

No comments: