Thursday, May 18, 2006

Going, Going, Gone

Disgusted
Tired of the disrespect
Caught in the wake of all that was

I look towards my comfort
My pride and joy
Reminded that is no longer the case
Memories no longer are erased

A simple smile to make things feel better
On the surface it is seen
While beneath it is merely a costless gesture

For strength is what I must expose
A moment of weakness will leave me at the mercy
Vulnerability that I cannot allow
For the sharks have circled
Smelling my blood
Seeking for a single wound to expose and use

My wounds already grevious
Yet i cannot wince or grimace
Stand there with internal bleeding
Knowing that all is never what is seen

Adjusting my wedding ring
Revelling in it's strength
The cool protection that it brings to me
Promises, desires and future all there for me

No matter what I do it all for me and mine
Give up all of myself for that simple love
Love of you
Love of my seed
Love of what we have done and seen

Gladly I lay my life down here for you
Without a second thought
A second care
Only continued love and existence is my dare

To the last beat of my heart
I am there
With my last breath
I give you my last ounce of loving care

For I know
You are no longer there
I am gone from being anywhere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»