Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Ultimate Submission and Consequences

Yes, yes I am a Dom and this is not about to be about what a submissive is or how there are not that many real submissives or any of that.

Lately I have met and came across subs that are deep in their submission. They have been in high protocols as well as less protocol situations.

I will preface this with. Your submission is wonderful. I love it and will be glad when I have that type of dedicated submission one day. Hell, I wouldn't be a Dom and want the D/s relationship if that wasn't the case. (silly me) And on both sides of the slash it is important to adhere to proper standards and consideration for people, life and reality.

With that said here I go:

The Case of Ultimate Submission or Simply Misguided Submission

In talking to subs they have expressed how deeply their submission goes for their Dominant or Master. The concern and care for them and the household. From making sure all plans are addressed to proper service and etiquette.

Where my concern lies is when that submission becomes a liability, whether on purpose or by accident. I mean when the submissive is being attacked or harmed in a non consensual or even dangerous way then I feel that the sub needs to address that for the sake of their safety. Now, I say address that according to the rules of their dynamic. Unless it is something obviously that needs to break that rule like rape, attempted murder, live autopsy. These thing that would be done for real and not as a scene.

So when I hear about instances that occur where first and foremost the D/M in that situation should never have put the sub and others in, in the first place. I am disheartened that the subs wouldn't see how detrimental of a violation this is at that point. Then I look at the deep rooted submission and understand that it is basically a primal urge that they are dealing with. But the fight or flight feeling should have trumped that when you know it is not a scene or behavior agreed on previously.

The point of D/s and M/s is about the relationship and hierarchy within it. It is about safe and consensual establishment of a relationship dynamic to further and empower those within the relationship.

But in this ultimate form of submission. There is a danger of serious injury and destruction when the sub doesn't and or can't express or remove themselves from the violating situation. Or that the Dom or Master have violated what was already established with harmful intent.

It is a quandry. One that I reflected on after hearing the things that have happened to these people.

But then again I am new. So what do I know?

I guess it is time to eat lunch now. What are you having for dinner today?

No comments: