Friday, May 13, 2016

Ground Support

This is a term used in battles and fighting conflicts. And it applies well here.

I have always been one to support, listen and be there for those I cared about, loved and was in love with. That means listening when they just need to vent or release. Or talking things through with them.

So yeah someone I care about is going through things. I want to be there for her but that is not going to happen. I was bothered by it at first. How would someone that I care about not want me to help them through everything that is going on with them? I asked if she needed me. If I could support or help her. The answers were a resounding no each time.

I was upset and bothered about it. I am supposed to be there for support. I am always the troops from hell to come eradicate, bolster and cull the enemy. Or just be the counselor to listen.

In my being pissed I had to realize that I do not let anyone in to support me unless they are in the inner sanctum really.  Those outside can support in tiny ways but mostly that is temporary and slight. It is not their fault. I am closed off. Especially since I no longer have someone that I am in love with to be that part that I can always seek and recieve some form of comfort that I need. I sought that comfort once again. Seeing all the signs but the one important one. They weren't able to understand or give that willingly.

So in realization I backed up and dropped it all. Leaving my natural instincts and being in a coffer. As hard as it was it was accepted with everything else that was vaulted away.

As much as I want to support others. I can't when they fight it, don't want it and deny it. So instead I stand back at a distance. Ready by a miracle chance that they change their mind. But basically leaving it all alone.

The Havoc ground support is always ready!

No comments: