Sunday, May 08, 2016

Poetic Memories Through the Sands of Time

Through the Sands of Time




As I look through pictures
Reminded of long gone
Time

Remembering
All the elicited smiles
Heart fluttering
Hearts full of fire

Among the background
Sobs and cries
Your   beauty inspired
All I could do was smile

The best present ever
Created and maintained
The sparkle in my eyes

Those moments
The hours
Captured for eternity
In film
So vivid still in my mind

Even now I smile
Reliving the feelings
The moments that marked
Happiness and exuberance

Black and white
Standard bearers for our
Union

Jamaica the mark of the
Pivotal turning point
In our lives

Culmination
Of our future
Answers to our
Needs and desires

Even now
I can still

Smile

As the sands
Mark and preserve
The passing of time

You are
And will be
Forever
Mine


From the chocolatezeus collection  5/8/18  ©

No comments: