Monday, May 23, 2016

My Affirmation of Wants and Needs

When it comes to people, relations and relationships there is a difference between wants and needs. But they both apply.

Wants are my desires. The things that I seek to enjoy or incorporate into my life.

Definition:


want
wänt,wônt/
verb
  1. 1.
    have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.


I want future enjoyment, pleasure, success and someone that is the right one to do it all with me and more.




Needs are those requirements that I cannot deviate from. Like trust, understanding, acceptance, dedication and adaptability.


Definition:



need
nēd/
verb
  1. 1.
    require (something) because it is essential or very important.



See...

I have no problem in needing and wanting a woman. Those things that strengthen and give a different meaning to life. Needing the woman that can love, understand, accept and weather the storms with me is both a need and a want.  When I say I need you. Then it means I need you in the ways that you compliment, perform, comfort and provide for me.  Those things that I just want are not as important since they are not at the need or need and want level.

People are so scared of their vulnerability issues that they fight when the want and need for someone else appears. Society tells them that they shouldn't ever need or feel that way. That they are less than if that happens. That is so far from the truth. You are stronger when you claim and control these things and vulnerability.

Well...
At least I know, accept and understand my wants and needs. 


No comments: