Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Kiss from the Other Side

Kiss from the Other Side



You rest in peace
Within my heart and mind
My soul still yearns
The tears now dried

Thankful
Amidst the longing
Just missing you
For who you were
And what you brought

You showed
What womanhood was about
Blueprint to
What a woman is and should want

I smiled at the memories
The things that are forever imprinted
You became your symbol
Eternity

Countered experiences
Broken disbelief
You ended
The impossibilities

Your replacement
Will never be
And I will never ever
Seek

But you left the
Benchmark
The ultimate level

Acceptance of less
Means that there is nothing
Merely the enjoyment
Of whatever is taken

As I see your smile
Hear your laughter
You still surround me

Reaching to the sky
Cupping your face
For just one more kiss
With

The Best of the Best



From the chocolatezeus collection  4/20/16  ©

No comments: