Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Subjectivity of Knowing Me

It is interesting when the ideology, action and concept of "knowing me," is claimed by others.

This year females that haven't even got near one of the circles of acceptance in my life were brazen enough to claim they knew aspects of me based on what they perceived as relations with parental units and others. Umm, wrong bitches. Very wrong.

It isn't about me withholding information or any of that from those that are deemed worthy. But the simple fact that if you haven't opened all of you to know me then you won't have a clue. Even those that claim closeness and all that other stuff.

Those that I date know their parts of me that they can handle and try to know in their way. Won't be as much as they claim to think or know but it is ok.

Folk at the cigar shop know aspects based on conversations and experiences concerning me. So they have some knowledge.

Those I work with know pretty much only business type of stuff concerning me outside of general things.


I tell you this. It is beyond great words when someone actually knows you and can continue learning and getting to know you. They become really especial. And damn I enjoy that. Some have even asked them for information concerning me. But being able to do it is an unbelievable blessing.

Knowledge and knowing are Key!  But there are also the dealing with the defenses, fears and combativeness that people have against letting someone know them truly as well.

I am just saying.

Choose wisely.
Be practical.
And stay on alert until and if true interest, action and maintained efforts of knowing and getting to know  you are solidified.

No comments: