Sunday, June 18, 2017

Poetic Expression: Fatherhood: A Dream Denied

Wishing the men a happy fathers day. Because it is not an easy road or task but it is worth it and forever lasting.

This is an expression of when you don't have that part in your life poetically.




Fatherhood: A Dream Denied



It seemed like a millennia ago
I was gung ho
Unable to hide the desire for

A child
Children of mine

To love and cherish
Raise and define
Into the most beautiful of masterpieces
That I could devise

Planning and preparations made
Even a schedule of when and how
Was formulated

But the unforeseen factors came
Claimed the dream and the reality

Even in the perfect situation
I felt parentally defamed

As denied
Was the only result
The constant that remained

Raising others children
As my own
Though incredible
But not the same

Adopt they said
You will always be the loving father
To children that you love and claim
I couldn’t because it wasn’t
The same

For me
It is those
Moments and feelings

From holding them when they are first born
To supporting them in their activities
Knowing that they are a part of me
That I helped mold them from the beginning

When the final chapter came
And there was the need for
The ultimate decision to be made

I made it
And decided unselfishly

I walked away
Leaving behind the dream
Knowing that it wasn’t my destiny

Whether it was fallacy
Or inevitability

Fatherhood was

Denied to me



From the chocolatezeus collection   6/18/17  ©

No comments: