Sunday, June 18, 2017

Poetic Expression: Unity

Unity



A man
A woman

Polar opposites
Together in public disbelief
Neither one of us
Ever meant to be

Yet
Here we are
Defying the odds
Fighting statistical
Inevitability

Unity

It where
You love me
I love you
No matter how weird you can be
As you accept and understand
I can only be me

Two unmovable objects
Met and created this
Unity

When you hurt
When your job, family and friends
Take you through everything
I  remain here
Stalwart and supporting

While you remain steadfast
Through my dark, evil apathy for others
Understanding the passion and being that is me

This is not a simple journey
We argue and disagree
But the power is in our ability
The ability to be there together
Joined in unity

So leave your hurt and pain with me
Curl up and release what you need
For our bond
Our connection
Is that haven from
All those things that seek to make you unhappy

Just you and me
Separate poles of the universe
Of we

As I ingest your smile
Taste your lips
Thanking God and life for you

Knowing all I want is

Our

Unity




From the chocolatezeus collection  6/18/17  ©

No comments: