Thursday, September 25, 2014

Modern Day George S Patton

George Patton was a general with the army during World War 2.  Known for hard, straight forward thoughts and actions. While standing out as weird, eccentric and mean. George constantly got in trouble for comments and actions.

I just had that light bulb moment as I sit here and watch Patton for the nth time. I love this movie. I never truly understood why until now. Tonight it all slapped me in the face. The correlation so eerie and prominent. My reprimands and demerit list runs long. Just like George's slap of the enlisted soldier and the trouble that he recieved from that. I receive repeatedly because of my demeanor and principles.

The importance to me is the focus and total concern for those I love and care about. Their security, life and happiness are important to me. So important to me that apparently I have become ostracized because of my principles. So be it. I will remain that battle within the storm.

This walk of mine can be a lonely one. For to remain a constant in an ever changing time is a battle against the forces of nature.

I guess I got jaded by those that understood how I am. How my strict and purposeful design honored them and our relationship. My wife, Ru and Munchkin have understood fully. My fault for over thinking that it was an understandable concept. It is most apparently mutually exclusive.

The next part of this war is to attempt the Battle of the Bulge. Time to armor up and push the enemy clear back to where they belong.

Salute to the last bullet, last battle of the last war! As I take the final long walk...Alone

No comments: