Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Upon My Island

I have always been the stand out in the crowd while also being the ghost who walks. The combination can be baffling. But here it goes: My thoughts, actions and feelings tend to spark as mean, unyielding and cold.  While I am not an attention seeker or one that has to be in the spotlight at all.

I am simplicity among the intricacies of craziness that occur daily in the world. I am there for those I love and care about and feel nothing for the multitudes that are not in my circle. It is the fundamental of being me. All of me. It has come under scrutiny and conflict very often. And at times it has perplexed me because it has been by someone I let in my circle and have wanted to be with. They can't seem to understand and focus on the fact that they are already safe within my bubble of security. Seems like the only ones that understood fully were my wife and Munchkin.

No man is an island is what they say. But when you walk the life of darkness amid the super nova of life's light. I have always been the maverick. Tucked away in plain sight. When you buck against the norm of society you become this island in the middle of their river. As they try to wash me away and bury me in their stupidity.

This has yielded strength and honor among the battleground. And I am thankful for that. It has purified me through the fires of hell. The brimstone and flames have elevated me.

I know I enjoy those that are allowed on my island. Hell I even wanted the two this year to be on my island. But I leave the choices up to them two. I don't make effort on what you don't want.

Sipping my drink. Letting my mind sink deep into the ocean of thoughts. It is where I remain lost.

*Salud*

No comments: