Saturday, April 02, 2016

Poetic Memories: Cecidit in Memoris

Cecidit in Memoris



Two tears flow
Like the river Styx

As the stygian witches
Upon the shore
Wax poetic and sing
Hymns of eternity’s existence

She stands as my guardian angel
While haunting in pure devilment
Her promise before death
Kept

The floods of memories
That not even Noah can save me
From drowning in at times
Spill inexplicably

Through it all
I know what is lost to me
The grail that I had previously

My journey since
A question mark upon
Existing

Still I hold true to
What I promised before that fateful day

To continue on this journey
To live life fully
Just to be

Sitting upon this burning throne
Laced with damnating mercury
Soullessly I peer into the deep
Looking for the answers to
Manifest destiny

All I can say is that
Would have
Should have
Could have been

The battles rage
The carnage never ends

As I remain
One of the last of the two
Titans




From the chocolatezeus collection  4/2/16  ©

No comments: