Sunday, March 27, 2016

Poetic Expression: Defectum Animi

Defectum Animi



Closed casket
No eulogy
Only the aftermath of what was
Or was it ever you ask yourself

The lightsaber that pierced your heart in love
Now the coldness of space in each of your atoms

The effect
You were scared of happening
The moment where memories fade
And your relevance dissipates

Fate
Action and inaction
Reaction
Led to this

But it is what is best for business
What you expect and need
To feel wanted and accepted

So I gift you
This nocturnal side of me
Where we believe the truth of
Excommunication
To be self evident

The purest love and passion
Now the iceberg that sunk the
Titanic

My heart remains
Honored and reverent
Only to the importance of my
Reverence

So I gift you this
Disconnect

This turned off
Switch

The coldness of the Arctic Circle
Cascading in orbit

The gift of
The release from
My emotional connection




From the chocolatezeus collection  3/27/16  ©

No comments: