Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Spoken Word: Festering Wound

Festering Wound



How can you heal things
When you don’t’ know what’s wrong

How can you get to know each other
Grow closer
When this chasm between us is so long

I see the pain you feel
The pain that you can inflict, indefinitely
The hurt behind eyes and soul
That strength that won’t allow you to cry

I am not here to
Make you vulnerable
Use these and other things against you

I hold you strengths and weakness
Cradled in my supportive grasp

Offering all of me
To help you as much as I can
Always

Quietly I observe
As you keep pace and distance
From me

All I can do is offer
Show you that I am here for and with you
But there is nothing that I can do
I can’t force myself to help you
When you hate the assistance

So
I merely look
Somewhere inside wish
That you would come to your senses

Then
I blink and let it be



From the chocolatezeus collection  12/28/15  ©

No comments: