Monday, November 07, 2016

Poetic Moments: Close Proximity to Infinity

Close Proximity to Infinity



I watch the tumble weed blow by
Blinking as I gather my thoughts again
Thinking

Wait
I thought we were closer than this
That we were steppers
Twirling and dancing together
Cheek to cheek
To our own beat

The old western barren town music
Weighs in
It’s horning giving my heart
Credence

Left to ponder
The evidence

Then versus now
Undocumented relevance
Apples and oranges
Comparisons

Or was this all a dream
Like Biggie rapped
Filled with dreams and promises
Pink elephants
And the happily ever after
Obituary aftermath

It is hard
Slippery slope
To hold on and grasp
Station keeping
Amid the ultimate storms

All I can do is
Tilt my hat
Pull up my scarf upon my face
Feel the pelt of the
Sands of time

Left to see
Just how the sands of time
Will affect these
Intimate moments and times




From the chocolatezeus collection  11/7/16  ©

No comments: