Sunday, July 19, 2020

Poetic Moment: But I Am the Tin Man




But I Am the Tin Man






my heart
beats and flows strongly again
dead from barely beating for so many years


love was transmuted
into a formulatic equation
once again


but then


the fire got lit again
unexpectedly a connection
came into being


love took hold
and was even reciprocated
this time in


that peace
that comfort
joy and lust
gave way to pure love


the package
what I wanted and needed
received


a heart turned cold
forges steel again
burns the ether again


a cold inside
empty interior coffin
given a chance to
just be again


as I swim in it
free once again
I feel alive


invigorated
invibed
I accept this heart of mine


what was formally denied
now with gates opened wide


a tin man
put away again






from the chocolatezeus collection 7/19/20 (c)

No comments: