Saturday, January 27, 2018

A Moment in Time and Poetry: The Logan Effect

Watching Logan had me thinking. (yes, I am always thinking so what) about life and living it.

This movie was a hodgepodge of the Death of Wolverine story line, Old Man Logan storyline and more. In it Logan has lived his life for centuries. Only to have the admantium attached to his bones poison him and over run his healing factor. In all those years he has loved, lived, lost and embraced anger, rage and loneliness.

I have beat the statistics as a black male and man. Died a number of times. Weathered and ingested Hell on basis.

As much as I am the ABM Caveman, I am also love and loving. I am the yin and yang personified within a person. I know it annoys the girls because they are all in the gray area and I am never there. But it is how I am made up and function. I walk with a purpose that I don't know. Loving those that can be involved with me only in their own palatable ways.

My cold heart barely beats now but gives forth the heated love and passion of a star. But I will take this long walk alone. To protect, care for and be there for those I care for regardless of their feelings or actions.

I will continue to do my job.




The Logan Effect



Eons have passed
Timeless imprisonment
Rivulets of emotions and stale intent

No longer invincible
Battle scars now unhealable

Living through so much
Love, life and death

Beat the expectations repeatedly
For I should have been dead
At least two decades ago

Attempts to
Save
Love
Support

Those that I chose to be within
My life’s circles

Fought with
For
And against them

My dark heart still beats
At a pace
Faster and slower
Countdown to inevitability

Rage unleashed
Love murdered in it’s waking sleep
Inhaling the death of destiny

Fear won’t grip me
As I fight with my last breath
For those that remain in my circle of being

The tears burn me
The last vestiges of me
Living

As I prepare to leave
Whenever the sands of time stop falling
There I will embrace

The end
Blaze of glory

The final chapter
And end of the story

Just don’t mourn me



From the chocolatezeus collection  1/27/18  ©

No comments: