Saturday, April 30, 2016

Thoughts in Poetry: Your Armored Heart

Your Armored Heart



I stand here
On the outside
Staring at the walls
Of your heart

I see the flames burning
Yearning for you and me
As I see you behind the walls
Staring blankly

The only importance
Your security
Making sure no one
Breaches your keep
To see and feel
The dynamic of you

The deep and intimate
Part that you are
So afraid to be seen
To chance being hurt

Throw this tiny window
I see your heart
Beating prominently
Inside

This Hannibal lector
Disassociation
Has my heart
With some favre beans and a martini
As your comfort increases

Should I stay?
Or should I leave

Will you ever allow?
Entrance into you
The real you
Not the façade of the
Walls around you

Perplexed
With no destiny
Merely
This holding action
Of impenetrable relationship
Obstruction



From the chocolatezeus collection  4/29/16  ©

No comments: