Monday, December 07, 2015

Spoken Word: The Curse of Ares





Curse of Ares



My shear existence is
Carnage and chaos
Feeder of the carrion

I am that whirlwind of destruction
The karmic blend of love and hate
The natural disaster that you hate but it fascinates you

Rage and anger
Replace necessary life sustaining evidence
Cold slab of emotion and the fire pits of hell
Rule my heart and soul

Yet among
The rubble, destruction and scorched universe
There is this yearning
This one available place
That glows brightly

The spot for
The One

The One is
The person that balances the scales
Of the Beast of hell and deeper hells
A channel, purpose and shield for the living

Yet this position is not easy
Nor has it been maintained or even attained
Rarely

The mantle has been given
One queen has reigned
Another chooses her fate

I honestly can’t blame them
Then tentative applications are great
The focus of passion, intensity, love and a malignancy for other beings
Daunting to undertake
To fathom even

History has paved the way

Monkey bitches
Pretenders
Quitters
Fear has gripped them
Inability to understand
That this adventure is one that is
Life unscripted to the nth degree

The curse has been emblazoned upon me
From the beginning

The inability and division
To understand and be understood
Or connect on this human like emotional plane
To make them so comfortable that
They run to me and exclaim
Their need and love to live fully
Together among eternity

With the pain and finality
I remain steadfast in my purpose and duty
Even as a part of me misses
Wants and needs

That One
The One
To balance and tilt
This scale of darkness
To one again of normalcy

My curse looks
Smiles
And continues it’s
Haunting laughter

To
And of
Me



From the chocolatezeus collection  12/7/15  ©



No comments: