Monday, November 25, 2019

Poetry in Life: Moment of Death Between Me and you




Moment of Death Between Me and you



I waited
Waited so long
To address Us

For over a year my heart hurt
With the emptiness that replaced love
A distance that murdered the spark

Never would I have thought
That you would no longer want
you and Me

In love
Focused on the future
Heart full of flames

But that day
When I addressed
The missing things

I felt the cold
As the death bell tolled
Shock and disbelief took hold

Did she just decide that she wouldnt try?
Give no damn to what we are, were and had?

An assault I was unprepared for
Merely left me
Dead and subdued

Even when I broke all rules
Gave her the Jodeci
Come and Talk to Me
When you are ready

The black hole grew

This moment etched in the atoms of my soul
There was nothing that I could do

So I gave her what she wanted

Salud


from the chocolatezeus collection 11/25/19 (c)

No comments: