Saturday, March 17, 2018

Poetic Moment: I Risked It All


I Risked It All



From before the moment we truly met
My desire for you licked the flames
In person the sun went nova

The journey began
I put behind my mistrust and skepticism
It was time to take a chance
For I saw a forever in those eyes

Lost in my captivation
The connection was better than a T1 line
I dove in without hesitation
After analyzing and reanalyzing everything
In my heart and mind
The reasoning I could no longer deny

Like a Shakespearean play
I professed it all
Laid at your feet every ounce of information
No pressure at all

Open
Vulnerable
Full disclosure
No pressure on you at all

Maybe that is where I fell
Or would fall

Regardless
The risk of having you
Was worth it all


From the chocolatezeus collection  3/17/18  ©

No comments: