Thursday, February 25, 2016

Poetic Moment: Void: My Anesthetic

Void: My Anesthetic 


Deafening cold
A soul filled with surgical steel
My heart laid frozen on the
Operating room floor

Now I can barely remember
How or what to feel

Here is where I lie
Relationships cryogenically frozen
Left to die

Each experience
Each journey
Built upon and in
This black hole existence

No longer do I seek your companionship
Share love, lust and passion
For and with you

I merely tilt my head a bit
Look blankly at you
Devoid of effect

The aftermath continues
No doctor or surgical team
To fix this relationship
Voodoo

Given into the dynamited rubble
Filled with apathy and nonchalant
The result of
Relationship effigies

Numb
Disconnected receptors

Lasting peace



From the chocolatezeus collection  2/22/16  ©

No comments: