Thursday, January 07, 2016

Spoken Word: Ready and Waiting

Ready and Waiting


I have been in love with you from the beginning
Had no problem declaring and expressing my need
The need for you to be with me

From the moment that
My heart and soul said
You are the One for me
Even though my mind said
No, this can’t be reality

Making every effort
To show and prove
Just what you mean to me
What I want with you

I needed my fix
And you fed every bit of it
As I ate every drop
I had to think and understand
Was this a temporary fix
Or was there any relevance

Holding on for the moment
Where you show that you want me too
That this is more than a possibility
That feeling that you are in love with me too

So I left behind
Thoughts of just you and me
Happily just being
Gave way to reality

A miracle of you and me
Is merely a power ball lottery possibility
With the odds based on
Astronomical probability

Even though I know the difficulty
Still I hold on to that miracle ride
Unable to give up on you
I love your brain
Your gorgeous body my playground
Time with you priceless moments
Held in elite standing

My heart continues to beat
My mind races on looking for a finish line
Culmination of this journey

I continue this journey
And I will do until I find myself with you

Looking into the void
Waiting
Ready



From the chocolatezeus collection  1/7/16  ©

No comments: