Friday, April 08, 2016

Poetry Button Up: It's Time or Battle

Button Up It’s Time for Battle



The metal thud
Followed by the mechanical clicks
Locked in

Now I am locked and loaded
Protected from
Emotions and feelings

The boom, boom, boom
Of heavy duty 300mm barrel
The nonstop sounds of the machine guns

My heart is solid
So loving
Yet encased in vibranium

No how
No way
You will get me with
Another end run on me

I am Ashford and Simpson’s
Solid
Solid as a
Frozen, petrified, asteroid planetary rock

No more feelings
Is what I got
Pockets full of
Empty emotional content

As the battle rages
The memories of my heart
Available in triage
Steels me for one more eternity

I see
Understand and feel

Love
Heart
Soul

Rolling over dead
Hearts and souls
Crushed beneath me
My grin and smile glows

I can’t stop
Won’t stop
Until I have destroyed all enemies

And love and my heart
Can rejoice freely
Free to be the loving entity
Free to once again be a
Super Nova

Instead
I just battle on



From the chocolatezeus collection   4/8/16  ©

No comments: