Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Poetry: The Accosted Man




The Accosted Man


attacks remain constant
more intimate assaults
than enemies

they remain unable to
accept
understand
me

so many attempts to
turn and twist
change me
for their comfort zone needs

when you stand your ground
know yourself
end up labeled

difficult
toxic
mysoginist
and much more

words and phrase
of fad laced
exposed inadequacies

I hear their screams
tantrums
self defications

for I am the anti everything

I think
know myself
stand strong in my resolve
have no desire to play the game

still
the accusations remain
as I laugh and quote Redma
I’ll bee dat!

Standing here girded
as I watch all the arrows falling towards me
I guess I will be fighting in the
shade



from the chocolatezeus collection 12/24/19 (c)

No comments: