Tuesday, November 01, 2016

After the Garden...the Aftermath

After the Garden



I knew what I was in for from the beginning
Looking at the damaged petals
Wilted and dead vegetation

Struggled with the decision
Do I want to be bothered
Is it worth handling
Or this just another disaster
Waiting?

No pleasure
No joy anticipated
Merely results that were needed

I chose
Fought with the death as a whole
A garden bent on things being
Status quo

So I destroyed each flower
Tore each petal off
Salted the earth

Turned something dead into
Something different
Able to have a future other than
It’s previous fucked up course

My weather turned cold
Realizing that the garden would be gone
Never ready to be my own

No feelings
Project incomplete to my standards
But better than before

Apathy in place
Nothing left to care for

Oh well
Let the garden go
It’s on it’s own

And my learning curve
Has astronomically grown
The death
Warming and comforting
Soothing my soul



From the chocolatezeus collection  11/1/16  ©

No comments: