Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Day I Watched Myself Dying

As I sat there. Mind muddled. Unsteady. Shaking. Trying to formulate a solution. Realizing I was helpless. I did not think about me dying. I wasn't panicking about myself. I was thinking about had I prepared Ru, the girls and sunshine properly? Would them and others that care and love me be alright after I am gone? Had I done enough to help them deal with it all?

I have been doing better in taking care of myself and repairing what I could. But in a moment it all meant nothing to me.

Since being married I have been an advocate for preparing for death and the end. The hard subject matter but necessary to have some preparation for the inevitable. It is not easy to do or hear this subject matter concerning your loved ones. But it is a must. And in those moments before the girls came and saved me I was wondering if even did enough at all.

So be prepared. Prepare those that you love and be prepared. No matter what it is hard and will be harder when it happens.

Live life to the fullest. Love to the extreme. And experience everything.

No comments: