Friday, August 09, 2019

Life's Poetry: Love's Anomaly in a Modern Day Catastrophe



Love’s Anomaly in a Modern Day Catastrophe



The damaged and fucked up
Seem to be the norm

Catalytic 
Acid rain living
Caught in and re creating
Their own regurgitated
Purging

I miss the days
When females became women
When they got out of their own way
Were made up of more than scarred, mutilated remains

Told how horrible history
They have maintained
Calculated disdain created

In a cesspool of
I can’t
I won’t
Never again

Only here to project
Their inadequacy of self
Give the gift of
Hating themselves and whoever loves them

So there is no surprise
When I step up and say
What I want with you
That I love you
That I need you

And you slink away
Run away
Start screaming
As your fear and hatred
Keep you imprisoned

No worries
I will leave you happily
At the Rikers of your own making

As I hold onto
Memories, experience and knowledge of

What a woman
Relationship
Love and living 
Is live and well if you can handle it

These modern times
Make me glad and ecstatic
That I had a chance to live that
Mary J Blige “Real love”


From the chocolatezeus collection  8/9/19  ©

No comments: